Since this is our last Christmas living in the United States, I’ve been thinking about all of the differences we will experience celebrating in Australia. Here are my top 10:
10. Santa will be even more unrealistic-a big man in a hot red suit and black boots when it’s summer?
9. Crazy amounts of lights will not be all over the houses in our neighborhood. After all it’s daylight savings and it doesn’t get dark till 9pm.
8. We will say “Happy Christmas” instead of “Merry Christmas!”
7. Christmas carols will not make sense to our kids. Frosty the snowman? Jack frost nipping at your nose? Dashing through the snow in a one horse open sleigh… I could go on!
6. We will have an artificial tree. Haven’t seen any Christmas tree farms down unda!
5. A white Christmas can only be in our dreams.
4. I’ll be eating pavlova and lamingtons instead of pumpkin or pecan pies.
3. The biggest decision of the day will be which beach to go to!
2. After Christmas sales will be called “Boxing Day” sales.
1. We won’t have our Celebration Church family.
Looking forward to all of the exciting changes in store!